Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A day not to remember...

I sit at my desk doing my work, thinking about the meeting I am going to have in a few hours. The employee reviews. I think I know they will use the economy because everyone is as their excuse, but my property runs so good and makes good money. My receivable;es are the lowest of any property. It is a very well ran property with money. They are to sure see that and give me a little to work with for raises, right? WRONG!!!! 2:00PM arrives and my boss walks into my office. He looks over the reviews I did on all my employees and then gave me my review. Looks pretty good. The ending overall evaluations says: "Over the last nine months (which is as long as my boss has been my boss) Nicole has been a very good Paramark employee and I think as we continue to work together she will become even better." I thought well this is a pretty good review. So here comes the talk about money. He tells me that he went to the owners of the company and these are the options they came back with. Option #1 you keep all your employees and no one gets a raise and you have to decrease hours or Option #2 you have to eliminate a position, make others employees job responsibilities to increase and everyone can have a 3% raise. A F***in 3% raise on a property with money. I was pissed. I said are you kidding. My boss says no these were the options I was given. I said who have you these options. He says who do you think? I say your Dad and he says yes and my uncle. His dad and uncle who are CEOS of the company I work for plus have a partial ownership in the complex. Damn them how can they put me in this position. So, I have talked with my staff and I have talked with my husband and I have thought and thought about what to do. I really need a raise, but I do not want to fire my cleaner and have my maintenance staff do it. He is a wonderful person who is the Only person here I can count one 100%. He keeps getting shit on over and over again here. I can't stand it, but then that leave only one other position I can eliminate and by doing that I have to fire my best friend. Damn them for putting me through this!!!! So after much thought and more thoughts to come. I think I will have to fire my best friend as it will be only person this will not hurt financially. Her husband is very rich and pays for everything. This is her fun money that she does very much enjoy but she has been unhappy working here and really longs to pursue something new. She used to work in the TV industry and would like to get back into something like that. but it still does not take away the fact that I have to do this to her. I really she hope she can understand that this is my job and these are the decisions I have to make for my job and has nothing to do with my personal life. I will make sound as nice as possible and let her know I have to eliminate a position and it is really the only position I can do without as I can run my office myself. Dang I have such a headache and really hope I am doing the right thing!!!

No comments: